September 27, 2006 by

Michael Mosey


Categories: Misc.

Michael Mosey’s life was so full of misfortune that the local media dubbed him “Scotland’s Unluckiest Man.”
The former engineer fell out of bed, into a pond, off a horse and through a glass coffee table. He fractured his ankle and his back, and once broke his right leg by tripping over a puppy. He even ended up partially blinded after drinking a shot of black market vodka.
Michael was married to an equally unlucky woman. Frances Mosey once broke both of her legs when she tumbled into a 6-foot hole in the road that lacked any warning signs. She purchased a motorcycle and fell off of it on her first ride, breaking her shoulder blade. While recovering from a hernia operation, the former telephone operator suffered a fractured skull when a ceiling tile fell on her head. She allegedly died on the operating table during routine procedures in 1963 and 1996, yet was revived both times. Her most unfortunate experience, however, occurred when she accidentally cut her finger off while making dinner. Doctors were unable to reattach it because her dog ate the digit.
The Moseys of Forth, Lanarkshire, experienced approximately 50 accidents and were hospitalized more than 20 times. Ironically, Mr. and Mrs. Nae Luck met while volunteering as motorcycle couriers, transporting blood to area hospitals. The couple wed on Valentine’s Day in 1974 and was enjoying a honeymoon in Spain when their hotel room collapsed. Years later, Michael was out riding a newly-purchased motorcycle; Frances accidentally hit him with her car.
Their unlucky state of affairs was so pronounced, and caused so many health problems, that they became unable to work and officially registered as disabled. When asked why their luck was so bad, Michael blamed his wife.
“Since I met Frances, I have broken my ankle and my back. I have fallen from a horse, out of bed, down stairs, into ponds … you name it. The telephone table has been rebuilt three times after me falling on it. And I have somehow managed to fall through the greenhouse three times,” Michael once said.
In 2003, the couple separated. An attempted reconciliation turned violent and Michael was charged with allegedly assaulting Frances with a rolling pin, violently shaking her and resisting arrest. During the trial, he was also charged with driving in the court parking lot during a lunch recess without insurance and without a valid driver’s license. The judge refused to grant him bail. Then, while awaiting transport to Barlinnie Prison, Michael collapsed and had a stroke. The domestic violence charge was eventually dropped. Three months later, after receiving probation for the other charges, Michael was again hopsitalized for severe chest pains.
Michael Mosey, 57, died on Aug. 22 when his life support was switched off. He’d been hospitalized for several days after suffering serious injuries during a disturbance at his home.
[Update March 21, 2007: John Mackie, 33, was found guilty of beating Mosey to death with a baton. Mosey’s dying words to his son Daniel allegedly named Mackie as his attacker. Mackie will spend 18 years in prison before being considered eligible for parole.]

8 Responses to Michael Mosey

  1. taz

    update your info please, Frances sadly died 2years ago and Michael Mosey was violently murdered.
    Yes they were an extremely unlucky couple, but will be soarly missed by all their friends and family.

  2. Mosey family tribute

    Dad you will sourly missed,
    as you were not on Gods list,
    that cowerdly man who now is seen,
    who fled the terrible horror scene,
    he will be punished for his crime,
    you will be glad that he serves his time,
    but for all of us you’ve left behind,
    you will always be on our minds,
    we love you now and forever,
    with mum you both are now together.

  3. anon

    Justice has been done the murdering scumbag Jock Mackie 33 from Forth Lananrkshire got sentenced to life for 1st degree murder of Mike Mosey today at the high court in Glasgow, he will have to serve a minimum of 18 years in jail before being eligible to apply for parole. The jury took 30 minutes to reach the unanimous verdict of guilty. Lets hope this is the end of this very very sad affair.

  4. Iain

    Such a shame.He was a great man and like an uncle to me.He would do anything for anyone..Its so hard to think someone would do such a thing to a nice man like Mike.So many unanswered questions.All I know is he will be missed by all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *